In our academy, we offer classes for both Juniors (Ages 5-11) and Adults (12+). Our youth
program classes are high-energy, fun, and functional. Students improve their cognitive, social
skills, and physical motor skills during the most important developmental stages of their lives.
Taekwondo is a perfect activity that blends the advantages of both art and athletics. Our
taekwondo classes build confidence, self-esteem, and self-defense skills. Our philosophy and
training techniques teach students how to successfully adapt and react to various social
environments, including unexpected ones. Additionally, we teach students how to
properly protect themselves from threatening situations such as bullying at school and
stranger danger. Here are the top 10 reasons parents choose martial arts for their children:
- PHYSICAL FITNESS – With weekly attendance, students develop core strength and
flexibility, improve their balance and coordination, and focus on their hand-eye
- SELF-DISCIPLINE – In addition to their physical fitness, parents value the personal
discipline that students develop to restrain themselves when faced with conflict.
Students learn how to manage their emotions and de-escalate conflicts without
engaging in physical confrontations.
- SELF-DEFENSE – If physical confrontation is the only option, students gain the skills to
protect themselves when there is no other option for avoiding conflict.
- MEDIA INFLUENCE – Many children want to be like their favorite martial arts
superheroes – such as the Power Rangers or the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! While
they are fun to emulate, they also provide wholesome role models with strong
character values for children to follow. Our tenets of taekwondo – honor, courtesy,
integrity, perseverance, self-control, courage, community, strength, humility, and
knowledge – teach children these core values.
- BULLY PREVENTION – We teach bully awareness & defense on many types of bullying –
physical, social, emotional, and cyberbullying. It is a prevalent problem in our society
that can have devastating results. Students learn to recognize bullying behavior and
the skills to deal with it.
- TEAM SPORTS ALTERNATIVE – Our taekwondo classes provide students with an equal
opportunity to advance their skills, since no one ever “sits the bench” like in some
team sports. Martial arts focuses on individual goals and achievements rather than on
the pressure to compete as a team.
- EASE OF PARTICIPATION – Martial arts offers families the option to choose their class
days & times that work best with their schedule. We offer multiple class times per
week to choose from and there is no penalty for students who miss a parcular class.
- AFFORDABILITY – Participation in many sport actvities requires not only a large
financial commitment, but often involve heavy travel commitments for tournaments
and practices as well as parent volunteer requirements. Our monthly tuition is
affordable, and we even offer discounts for multiple family members, so students of all
ages can train together in our family classes.
- GOAL SETTING & ATTAINMENT – Goal-seeing is inherent in martial arts training.
Students progress through our belt ranks by our belt exam process, learning the
required material for each belt level and seeing goals to improve their skills at each
level. In addition to martial arts goals, we emphasize academic goal seeing by
encouraging students to participate in reading challenges, and partner with their
school teacher to encourage martial arts discipline in the classroom with their
behavior and school work.
- CONVENIENCE – Students today have a tremendous amount of schoolwork and
parents are busier than ever before. Offering multiple classes per week for each rank
provides families with the flexibility in their schedule to choose the classes each week
that work best for them